In order to further promote and facilitate engagement with early career researchers around the world, the 2018-2022 IUPHAR Executive Committee formed the position of Early Career Researchers (formerly Young Investigator Corresponding Member) to the IUPHAR Executive Committee and established the IUPHAR Early Career Researchers Subcommittee.
The IUPHAR early career researchers subcommittee aims to provide a voice for early career pharmacologists to the IUPHAR Executive Committee and provide means for young pharmacologists to engage with IUPHAR and other pharmacological societies. We also aim to facilitate greater links between early career members around world and provide opportunities for further development as pharmacologists.
In general the objectives of the Committee are to:
- Advocate for early career pharmacologists
- Promote and develop activities for early career pharmacologists
- Facilitate cross society interactions of early career pharmacologists
- Provide advice to the IUPHAR executive committee on matters concerning early career pharmacologists
- Provide advice on social media activities to the IUPHAR executive committee.
The IUPHAR early career researchers subcommittee is still in its early stages of developing objectives and possibilities and would be grateful for any suggestions or ideas that would be of benefit to early career researchers, particularly those that are unique to different member societies. Feedback can be sent directly to the committee via the chair. Please complete our recent EC Investigator survey focussing on identifying the challenges Early Career Researchers are facing with COVID-19 pandemic.
Click HERE to see our ECR Committee Members.