- This event has passed.
The WHO Global Patient Safety Challenge: Medication Without Harm and World Patient Safety Day 2022
February 8 @ 6:00 am - 7:00 am
WHO Patient Safety Flagship is planning to organize a series of monthly webinars on the topic of “WHO Global Patient Safety Challenge: Medication Without Harm”, starting from 8 February 2022. The main objective of the webinar series is support implementation of the WHO Global Patient Safety Challenge: Medication Without Harm at the country level, aligned with national efforts to implement the 72nd World Health Assembly Resolution in 2019 (WHA 72.6) on ‘Global Action on patient safety’ and the Global Patient Safety Action Plan 2021-2030. It is envisaged that the webinar series will contribute to improving medication safety practices and building competent, skilled and compassionate health workforce through education and training.
Specific objectives of the webinar series are:
• Advocate for addressing medication safety as priority and an essential component of patient safety across all levels of health care;
• Share experience and best practice for medication safety improvements at the point of care as well as implementation at organizational and national levels;
• Engage in policy dialogue around capacity building and safety culture development for medication safety and patient safety;
• Share best practice on how countries have addressed risks and barriers in improving medication safety;
• Facilitate discussions among key stakeholders on the importance of different issues and aspects related to medication safety;
• Share up-to-date developments across different priorities in medication safety; and
• Introduce tools to support implementation in the low and middle income countries.