IUPHAR International Students’ Poster Competition
The poster competition is open to all medical, pharmacy or pharmacology students! Get creative!
The theme of the poster competition is Clinical Pharmacology in the Era of Pandemics.
Congratulations to our 2022 World Smart Medication Day Poster Competition winners:
General Poster: Top 3
- Proper patient management in times of pandemic – Catherine López de Sousa, Ana Carla López López, María López Martínez, Esther Rodríguez Heras, Diana Venegas Tirado (5th year medical students, Spain)
- Be a scientist yourself – Felipe Sostizzo, Guilherme Gazzi (Brazil)
- What it tool to be a clinical pharmacologist in the COVID-19 era – Rita Lauro (Italy)
Research Poster : Top 3
- Impact of SARS-Cov-2 on CYP activities – Camille Lenoir (CH)
- Dexamethasone PK in normal vs obese patients – Kenza Abouir (CH)
- Preventable deaths involving medicines : a sytematic analysis of coroners’ case reports in England and Wales before and during the COVID-19 pandemic – Harrison France (UK)
Poster Competition Details
Two competition entries:
- General posters: open to all medical, pharmacy or pharmacology pregraduate students.
- Research posters: open to all medical, pharmacy or pharmacology pre- and post-graduate students.
All entries must illustrate and reflect the thematic issue “Clinical Pharmacology in the era of pandemics”.
General posters entry:
- open to all medical, pharmacy or pharmacology pregraduate students.
- Posters can be created through any medium (digital, illustrated, hand drawn/painted) but must be submitted digitally. to your national pharmacological society (see contact list here).
- Some examples: key messages on drug development, clinical drug research, warnings on self-medication and stopping medicines, medication errors, drug interactions and adverse drug reactions, pharmacovigilance, off label/compassionate drug use, supply management, misleading claims and fraud; vignettes (drawings and/or brief medical stories) with examples; emblematic drawing. Be creative!
- See important considerations of clinical pharmacologists in the context of COVID-19 pandemics here: https://iuphar.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/IUPHAR-Clinical-Division-Considerations-in-the-Context-of-COVID-19-Pandemics-1.pdf
- General poster entries will be judged on the following criteria: relevance to the theme, strength of the message, innovativity and creativity, generalizability/universality of the message.
Research posters entry:
- open to all medical, pharmacy or pharmacology pre- and post-graduate students.
- How relevant is the work to the theme?
- How clearly does the abstract describe the work that was conducted?
- Are the methods sound?
- Are the conclusions consistent with the results?
- What is the impact of the work in the field of clinical pharmacology?
National winners selection (2 best posters) by national societies: 15 April 2022 Deadline for submission to national societies: 1 April 2022
IUPHAR awards : 4 prizes will be awarded by IUPHAR clinical division (2 best general poster and 2 best research posters).
The 5 best posters in each category (total 10) will be presented during a Zoom international webinar on the 5th May 2022.
To access a complete list of participating member societies, click here.
For further enquiries, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org